Town Square with Ernie Manouse airs at 3 p.m. CT. Tune in on 88.7FM,or subscribe to the . Join the discussion at 888-486-9677, or .
Today is National Beer Day, and we raise a toast to all things beer-related.
Did you know that beer is the most popular alcoholic beverage in America?
It’s also one of the oldest beverages in the world, with people making and drinking beer for thousands of years.
But what about here in the U.S.? Why is beer so beloved?
Houston has its share of favorite, and we’ll here from several of them, including the first Black-owned brewery in town.
We also ask listeners to share their favorite local brews and beer styles.
But first, we talk about theand how .
- Consul General of Ukraine in Houston
- Curator, American Brewing History Initiative, Division of Work and Industry
- National Museum of American History, Smithsonian Institution
- Founder, Saint Arnolds Brewing Company
- Director of Marketing, Karbach Brewing Company
- Co-founder, For the Culture Brewing Company
Town Square with Ernie Manouse is a gathering space for the community to come together and discuss the day’s most important and pressing issues.
Audio from today’s show will be available after 5 p.m. CT. We also offer a free podcast, on , and other apps.
Subscribe to Today in Houston
Fill out the form below to subscribe our new daily editorial newsletter from the HPM Newsroom.